Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Counting Friends

Everybody needs friends.

I truly believe that one person cannot possibly have more than 5 friends.

And I mean REAL friends.

And yes, I just pulled the number "5" out of thin air. It's my own personal statistic from my own personal research.

Maybe I'm wrong, but. . .

Think about it, real relationships require you to spend time with other people in order for them to grow. Quality time. How can one person possibly spend quality time with 6 or more people on a regular basis? Ain't nobody got time for that!

I hold the personal belief that one person is super blessed if they can count their true friends on one hand.

So that makes me super blessed.

One of my one-hand-counting friends sent me the sweetest bouquet of flowers yesterday to thank me for, well, being a friend. Made my day.

Actually, when I looked outside to see who had rung my doorbell and caused my dog to hyperventilate, I saw these gorgeous flowers through the window and sitting on my porch. I then thought, "Oh, no. The florist delivered these flowers to the wrong house. Let me put on my not-too-hideous-to-be-seen-in-public clothing so that I can get them to their owner."

So you can imagine my surprise when I saw my name on the card.

Pretty, eh?


So, what do YOU think about how many true friends one can have? Are you a count-on-one-hand believer about friends, or do you think one person can be truly close with more than 5?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...