Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful



There are so many things to be THANKFUL for.



Some are seemingly silly things and others are life-changing blessings.



I'll start with the silly things.



I'm thankful for bacon, heat-n-bond, Pintererst, vintage clothing, thrift stores, Cracker Barrel. . . the list goes on and on.



But let's get serious.



I often think to myself, "where would I be if I hadn't been born into a wonderful family who cared enough to point me to Jesus?"



Would I even acknowledge God?



Would I have ever come to know Him without my family's direction?



Here's an extremely short list of the amazing blessings for which I am thankful (in no particular order other than 1 & 2):


1. Salvation through Jesus
2. The Bible (Life's GPS)
3. My Church (People to do life with)
4. My amazing parents
5. My awesome brother
6. Wonderful grandparents
7. The absolute best husband I could have ever asked for
8. My hubby's side of the family
9. My sweet little dachshund, Taz
10. A warm shower/bath
11. A comfy bed
12. Food and clothing
13. A cozy home
14. Transportation
15. Music
16. Peace and contentment
17. My health
18. Godly friends
19. Safety and security
20. Freedom and the honor to live here in the USA



I could go on and on.



But I won't--not here on the blog, at least.



But I do plan to continue my thankfulness to the One who blessed me with all of these things.




I recently came across this picture, and it reminded me of how truly blessed we are:




What are you thankful for?



I pray that you all have a wonderful, blessing-filled Thanksgiving!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...