Saturday, March 26, 2011

Goodwill Hunting

The craziest thing happened to me yesterday. It was like any other day. I was driving to the pharmacy to pick up some prescriptions, when suddenly; my car automatically turned on its blinker, turned into a strangely familiar parking lot, and parked itself. When I looked up, this is what I saw:

 



Okay, okay, this isn’t exactly what I saw. However, this IS how Goodwill looks in my dreams—all bright and glowing, with angels floating around singing Handel’s “Hallelujah Chorus.” So, has YOUR car ever driven you to your favorite thrift shop, restaurant, or store? I thought so. Alright, back to reality. The Goodwill in my neck of the woods is nice, but it’s definitely not this swanky. But, hey, it’s what’s on the inside that counts! Yesterday wasn’t a pee-in-your-pants-because-I-found-the-coolest-thing-ever kind of day, but I did find this little jewel:



I just love this quilt! It looks so “vintagey.” It was $1.99. Can I get a holla? By the way, I picked up that nifty chair a few months ago at the GW for $2.50! Booyah!

Today I went perusing some yard sales with the Momster (not to be confused with monster). Again, I didn’t find anything earth-shattering, but I got some cool things that I’m going to make over, and some I’ll use as they are. Here are a few of my treasures:

I really like this frame, but I love the mat because of its unique circular cut-out. Yep, gonna jazz this baby right up!


I love this frame, but the picture of the creepy kid’s gotta go. Nothing a little paint can’t fix!

Ah, the twin bird bookends. No, it’s not an optical illusion—the bird on the right is missing his beak. Ouch.



I just love old books. These will probably go under a lamp or on my mantle. Decisions, decisions. . .



This cute teacup is actually the Momster's, but it accidentally ended up in my bag. Oops. (Insert evil laugh here).



There you have it, folks. Pretty soon my thrifty finds will have brand new looks. I’ll keep you posted. 











4 comments:

  1. Hey! I wondered what happened to my little teacup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt i wonder what the story is behind it. I am dying to see what you are gonna do with the frames...oooohhhhh the anticipation

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, you'll get your teacup. . . some day. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to know about the quilt too--it looks like it's been around the block a few time. As for the frames, we'll see! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...